The Multilingual Mind: Issues Discussed By, For, and about People Living with Many Languages
This book tackles common misconceptions about polyglots (too many languages can cause brain overload, some languages are easier to learn than others, an adult cannot learn a foreign language as fast as a child, etc.)
Other topics include:
- Curriculum choice
- Teaching languages using the multiple intelligences
- How different education systems can influence multilingual skills
- Language's relationship to mental tasks such as music and math
- Languages from the womb and bilingualism from birth
- The growth of the trilingual family
- The societal situation of third culture kids (those growing outside of their parents' native country)
- A special case for foreign language development
- The emerging cross-area study of multilingualism and cosmopolitanism
- Questions of linguistic identity
- Challenges to normal foreign language learning, such as dyslexia, Downs Syndrome, and deafness
Результаты 1 – 5 из 56
My daughter will open the packages of cards and playing pieces and , if my husband takes too long , will make up her own game according to the materials she has to work with ...
The right hemisphere plays a much larger role in language processing in multilinguals than in monolinguals , according to studies being conducted at the University of Basel in Switzerland ( www.unibas.ch/themultilingualbrain ) .
When he comes home , he plays with the neighbors ' children , who often speak the target language . If he relaxes in front of the television , in all likelihood he will have to do so in the target language .
If learning the new language means he will be able to join the local soccer team or play with the neighbor next door , it is very likely he will pursue the language and learn it quickly . If the adult , on the other hand , has a peer ...
Вы достигли ограничения на просмотр для этой книги.
Отзывы - Написать отзыв
Teaching Languages Using the Multiple Intelligences and the Senses
The Role of the Sense of Smell in Language Learning
TwoWay Immersion Programs in the United States
MATH MUSIC AND MULTILINGUALS
The Relationship Between Musical Ability and Foreign Languages Communication via Sounds and via Words
SOCIETY AND LANGUAGES
Third Culture Kids A Special Case for Foreign Language Learning
The Yellow Streetcar Shaping a Polyphonic Identity
Linguistic Hegemony Is There a Superior Language?
Foreign Adoption and Bilingualism
Bringing Up Bilingual Children in Scarce Language Environments How the Internet Can Help
Multilingualism and Cosmopolitanism
Language Math and Thought Vygotskys Concept of Inner Speech
DEGREES OF MULTILINGUALISM
In the Beginning Was the Word Language and the Womb
First Choice Option From Birth
Bilingualism from Birth
Trilingualism A Study of Children Growing Up with Three Languages
What You Speak Only One Language? A Trilingual Familys Story
A Voice within a Voice Federman TranslatingTranslating Federman
Challenges to Normal Bilingualism Downs Syndrome Deafness and Dyslexia
About the Editor and Contributors