« ПредыдущаяПродолжить »
* All Power was given unto himn in Heaven and in Earih ;, and the Works that he did bare Witness of him ; for the Winds and the Sea obeyed him. With Authority and Power he commanded the unclean Spirits, and they obeyed him. And there were also many other wonderful Things that Jesus did, which none other Mandid. ; He had power on Earth to forgive Sins; and who can forgive Sins but God only?
. As the Father raiseth up the Dead, and quickeneth them; even so the Son quickeneth whom he will.
* And he gave his Disciples Power and Authority over all Devils and unclean Spirits, to cast them out; and Power to heal all manner of Sickness, and all manner of Disease.
. We can do all Things through Christ, which strengtheneth us; and without him we can do nothing; who is able even to subdue all Things unto himself.
It is he that openeth, and no Man fhutteth; and fhutteth, and no Man openeth; and hath the Keys of Hell and of Death.
$ This is He that is holy ; He that is true; Jesus Christ the Righteous; who will give unto every one according to their works.
a Mat. 28. 18. John 5. 36.
Mat. 8. 27. Mark I. 27. John 21. 25.
Mat. 21. 15 b Mat. 9. 6.
Mark 2.7. c John 5. 21. ! Mat. 10. I.
e Phil. 4. 13. John 15. 5. f Rev. 3. 70 Rev. 1, 18.
g Rev. 3. 7 Rev. 2. 23•
Luke 4. 36. John 15. 24.
Luke 9. I• Phil. 3. 21. 1 John 2. 1.
He is the way, the Truth and the Life;
i the Resurrection and the Life, who giveth Grace, and Peace, and eternal Life.
i This is the true God, even the Son of God, Jesus Christ; whom his Disciples worshipped while he was with them in the World, and after he was carried up into Heaven; when the Father glorified him with the Glory which he had with him before the World was..
* And they preached, baptized, and blessed in the Name of Jesus Christ: They prayed 10 him, and thanked him; and from him they expected Grace, Mercy, and Peace, and all other fpiritual Blessings, and Gifts.
'These Things are written that we might be-: lieve that Jesus is the Christ, the Son of God; that we should trust in his Name; and that all Men should honour the Son, even as they honour the Father; who when he brought in the Firstbegotten into the World, faith, And let all the Angels of God worship him..
m This is the Doctrine of the great God, and our Saviour Jefus Christ; to him be Glory both, now and for ever..
John 14.6. John 1. 9. John 11. 25. Eph. 4. 7. John 14. 27. John 10. 28.
i i John 5. 20. Mat, 28. 172 Mat. 20. 20. John 17. 12.
Luke 24. 51, 52. . John 17. 5. Acts 2. 38. I Tim. 1. 2.
Acts 7. 59. i Theft. 3. Ili
1 Tim. 1. 12. . 1 Tim. 1. 2. Eph. 1• 3. Eph. 4. 8. . 1 John 20. 31.
Mat. 12,21. John 5:23 Heb. 1. 6. m Tit. 2. 10, 13. 2 Pet. 3. 18.
k Acts 9. 270
He was made MAN. * Christ Jesus being in the Form of God, and thinking it no Robbery to be equal with God, made himself of no Reputation, and took upon him the Form of a Servant, and was made in the Likeness of Men, and was found in Fashion as a Man, being made of a Woman in the Likeness of linful Flesh.
• He came down from Heaven, from the Borom of the Father; and being made a little lower than the Angels, as the Children of Men are Partakers of Flesh and Blood, he also himself likewise took Part of the same.
P And the Word was made Flesh, and dwelt among us: God was manifest in the Flesh.
3 For verily, he took not on him the Nature
a , of Angels; but he took on him the Seed of Abraham, and was made of the Seed of David, of whom, as concerning the Flesh, Christ came.
· Now the Birth of Jesus Christ was on this wile: When as his Mother Mary was espoused to Joseph, before they came together, the Holy Ghost came upon her, and the Power of the Highest overshadowed her, and so she conceived and brought forth a Son, who was called Jesus; and therefore also because she was with Child of the Holy Ghost, that Holy Thing which was born of her was called the Son of God, and Emanuel, which being interpreted is, God with us.
* Phil. 2. 5, 6, 7, 8.
Gal. 4. 4.
o John 3. 13, John 1. 18. Heb. 2. 9, 14.
p John 1. 14.
i Tim. 3. 16.
Mat. 9 Heb. 2. 16. Rom, 1, 3., Rom. 9. 5. 1. i8. Luke 2. 35, 31. Mat. 18. Luke 1. 35. Mat. 1. 23.
. And when he was brought forth, he was wrap; ped in Swadling.clothes, and laid in a Manger.
Afterwards he was subject unto his parents, Mary and Joseph. He increased in Wisdom and Stature: He was tempted of the Devil; he was hungry and weary, and had not where to lay his Head: He wept and was grieved ; and he was touched with the feeling of our Infirmitiés..
v Himself took our Infirmities, and bare our: Sicknesses, and was in all Points teinpted like as we are;. and in all Things he was made like unto his Brethren, yet without Sin. For thus it be hoved him to be made, that he might be a mer. ciful and faithful High Priest in Things pertaining to God, to make Reconciliation for the Sins: of the People : For in that he himself hath fuf-. •fered, being tempted, he is able to succour thein that are tempted.
The CHARACTER of CHRIST, who is both
GOD and. MAN.
* Unto us a Child is born; and his Name shall
a be called Wonderful, Counsellor, the Mighty God, the Everlasting Father, the Prince of Peace.
* This is he that should come; he of whom Moses in the Law and the Prophets did write :: The Christ of God; Christ the Lord: the Chosen
Luke 2. 7
Luke 4. 1, 2..
Mark. Mark 11. 12. John 4. 6. Mat. 8. 20. John 11. 35 3. S. Heb. 4. 15. á Mat. 8. 27. Heb. 4. 15. Heb. 2, 17, 18.
» Mas. II. 3• John 1. 45. Luke 9. 20.
Luke 2. 11.
Heb. 2. 17.
Heb. 4. 15.
of God; the Messias, which is, being interpreted, the Christ, or the Anointed.
Y. He was that Prophet that should come into the World; a Teacher come from God, to teach the Way of God in Truth.
2 To this End was he born, and for this Cause came he into the World, that he should bear Witness unto the Truth.
a Christ Jesus was the Apostle and High-Priest of our Profession, called of God an High-Priest after the Order of Melchisedek; being an HighPriest of good Things to come; a Minister of the Sanctuary, and of the true Tabernacle, which the Lord pitched, and not Man.
• The same Jesus is the Lamb of God, which taketh away the Sin of the World ; a Lamb without Blemish, and without Spot.
e There is one Mediator between God and Men, the Man Christ Jesus; who gave himself a Ransom for all.
d This is indeed the Saviour of the World, in whoin we have Redemption ; who is our Advocate with the Father ; and the Author of eternal Salvation unto all them that obey him.
e This is he that is born King of the Jews; and is now the Prince of the Kings of the Earth; who shall judge the Quick and the Dead, at his Appearing and his Kingdom.
f' He is Lord of Lords, and King of Kings.
Luke 23. 35.
y John 6. 14. John 3. 2. Matt. 22. 16. 2 John 18. 37
å Heb. 3. 1. Heb. 9. 11.
Heb. 8. 2. Heb. s. 10.
John 1. 29. 1 Pet. I. 19.
ci Tim. 2. 5, 6. d John 4. 42. Eph.
Rev. I. I. 5. 7. 1 John 2. s. 2 Tim. 4. 1. f Rer17. 14: